Looking for a nutritious and flavorful plant-based meal? This Zesty Pepper, Zucchini, Rice, and Dried Pinto Bean Skillet recipe has got you covered! It combines the vibrant flavors of peppers, the crunch of zucchini, wholesome rice, and the goodness of dried pinto beans.
Recipe: Zesty Pepper, Zucchini, Rice, and Pinto Bean Skillet
- 1 cup dried pinto beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium zucchinis, diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Lime wedges (optional, for serving)
- Soak the dried pinto beans overnight. Drain and rinse them before cooking.
- Rinse the rice and cook it in vegetable broth or water according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add diced red and green bell peppers. Cook until softened.
- Add diced zucchinis. Cook until slightly tender.
- Stir in soaked and drained pinto beans.
- Sprinkle ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Add cooked rice to the skillet. Mix everything together.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for extra spiciness.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
This Zesty Pepper, Zucchini, Rice, and Dried Pinto Bean Skillet is a delicious and nutritious option for anyone seeking a plant-based meal. By using soaked and cooked dried pinto beans, you’ll savor their creamy texture and nutritional benefits. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a kitchen novice, this easy-to-prepare recipe will surely impress your taste buds. Enjoy it on its own or with a refreshing side salad for a complete dining experience. Bon appétit!
written by Tim with help from ChatGPT